- An APEC Roadmap for a New Financial Services Data Ecosystem
- A Strategy for the Digitalization of Trade and Supply Chain Finance
- Essential Elements of an Effective Personal Insolvency Regime
The Asia-Pacific Financial Forum (APFF) is a platform for public-private collaboration to accelerate the development of robust and integrated financial markets in the APEC region.
The APFF responds to the need for active collaboration among policy makers, regulators and experts from industry and international and academic organizations to address key issues. These include expanding access to finance for micro-, small and medium enterprises and households in emerging markets; facilitating trade and supply chain finance; creating deep, liquid and integrated capital markets; expanding the region’s institutional investor base and its capacity to finance infrastructure and other long-term projects; strengthening financial resilience; and harnessing innovation to build inclusive and efficient financial markets.
The APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) proposed the APFF’s establishment to the APEC Finance Ministers, who launched the Forum at their 2013 annual meeting in Bali. APFF is one of the three policy initiatives under the APEC Finance Ministers’ Process whose management was entrusted by the Ministers to ABAC, together with the Asia-Pacific Forum on Financial Inclusion and the Asia-Pacific Infrastructure Partnership (APIP).
Over 300 experts and senior representatives from more than 150 institutions collaborate in the APFF’s undertakings. These institutions include financial services firms (global and regional commercial and investment banks, asset management companies, insurers, pension funds, Fintech firms), legal, accounting and related services firms, business and investor information service providers, international financial industry associations, finance, trade and justice ministries, regulatory authorities, multilateral development banks, international organizations and academic and research institutions.
The work of APFF covers key areas of financial markets that are critical to the development of the region’s economy and financial services:
- Credit infrastructure (legal, regulatory and institutional ecosystems for credit information sharing, secured transactions and receivables/warehouse financing)
- Trade and supply chain finance (regulations, technological and innovative solutions to working capital access)
- Insurance and retirement income (retirement income market, infrastructure and capital market investment environment for insurers and pension funds, regulation and accounting standards, disaster risk financing and insurance, microinsurance)
- Capital markets (repo and derivatives markets, information for capital market investors, regional funds passporting)
- Financial market infrastructure (ecosystem for cross-border portfolio investment, cybersecurity, know-your-customer rules, electronic payments)
In addition, APFF provides a platform for continuous dialogue between industry and the public sector with the involvement of subject matter experts from academic and research institutions and international organizations in areas such as the international financial architecture and financial technology (Fintech).
Annual reports to APEC Finance Ministers
Since its establishment in 2013, APFF has submitted annual reports to the APEC Finance Ministers, which provide information on its activities, achievements and recommendations. These reports are available below.
- 2017 APFF Progress Report to the APEC Finance Ministers
- 2016 APFF Progress Report to the APEC Finance Ministers
- 2015 APFF Progress Report to the APEC Finance Ministers
- 2014 APFF Interim Report to the APEC Finance Ministers
Special reports and documents
- Roadmap for the Development of APEC's Financial Market Infrastructure
- Roadmap for Expanding the Coverage of Microinsurance in APEC
- Resource Material – ARFP State of Tax, August 2016
- APFF Sydney Symposium Report 2013
- APFF Voice of the Symposium 2013
- APFF Roundtable on Financial Innovation, 25 July 2017, Toronto, Canada
- 2017 APFF Symposium, 25 April 2017, Seoul, Korea
- 2016 APFF Symposium, 1 August 2016, Shenzhen, China
- APFF Roundtable on Financial Innovation, 15 July 2016, Hong Kong, China
- APFF Roundtable on Financial Innovation, 24 February 2016, San Jose, USA
- 2015 APFF Symposium, 10 August 2015, Melbourne, Australia
- APFF Roundtable, 20 April 2015, Mexico City, Mexico
- APFF Roundtable, 27 January 2015, Hong Kong, China
APFF Caucus Meeting agenda and papers
2017 2nd APFF Caucus Meeting, 26 April 2017, Seoul, Korea
- 2017 1st APFF Caucus Meeting, 20 February 2017, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2016 4th APFF Caucus Meeting, 14 November 2016, Lima, Peru
- 2016 3rd APFF Caucus Meeting, 01 August 2016, Shenzhen, China
- 2016 2nd APFF Caucus Meeting, 24 April 2016, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- 2016 1st APFF Caucus Meeting, 24 February 2016, San Francisco, California, USA
- 2015 4th APFF Caucus Meeting, 13 November 2015, Manila, Philippines
- 2015 3rd APFF Caucus Meeting, 10 August 2015, Melbourne, Australia
- 2015 2nd APFF Caucus Meeting, 20 April 2015, Mexico City, Mexico
- 2015 1st APFF Caucus Meeting, 13 November 2015, Hong Kong, China
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Julius Caesar Parreñas, APFF Coordinator